Our office provides support in the following functional areas for the School of Business departments, programs, centers, and major initiatives.
Copy writing services are available for materials supporting premiere events and strategic initiatives. Resources, templates, and best practices are available. For writing related to news and press, please see our External Communications services.
Digital Asset Management
- Acquiring and managing stock assets
- Managing School's photo depot and asset archives
- Managing School and partner logo assets
Graphic design for print and web supporting the University's and School's brand standards.
- Informational and marketing materials, e.g., brochures, infosheets
- Media campaigns, including print, web, and display advertisements
- Display materials, e.g. banners, wall clings
- Logos for academic departments, centers, and offices
- Multipage strategic documents, e.g., annual reports
- Templates, e.g., Powerpoint, Resume Books
- Printer specifications
- Resources, templates, and best practices
- Photoshoots for strategic marketing initiatives
- Event photography for premiere events
- Faculty and staff headshots
- Photo editing
- Video production for strategic marketing initiatives
- Event videography for select events
- Video releases
- Video editing
Related to the strategic initiative of managing the website presence, and above the scope of graphic design, our office is able to take on special projects for website design which require additional functionality, Resources, templates, and best practices are available.
Our office manages a blog platform to showcase the individual voices and perspectives of students, faculty, staff, and alumni, showing our readers what life is like at the UConn School of Business. Resources, templates, and best practices are available.
- Schoolwide electronic publication
- Research email newsletter
- Graduate admissions emails
- Special event emails
- Resources, templates, and best practices for departmental email initiatives are available
- University event calendars
- External event calendars for public facing events which support admissions or thought leadership
- Social media for public facing events
- Display monitors
- Resources, templates, and best practices are available
News & Press
- What we do
- Press releases
- Event promotion for premiere events
- Event coverage (post-event articles) for premiere events
- Business briefs
- Monitor & distribute faculty media mentions
- How we distribute
- Display Monitors
- E-mail newsletters
- Serve as point person for media inquiries
- Connecting our strategic content with relevant press coverage
- Schoolwide social media activities
- Process, oversight, support, and best practices for social activities of entities within the School of Business
- Application of University’s brand standards for visual representation and messaging
- Management of School’s brand standards for visual representation and messaging
- Assets and giveaways
- Resources, templates, and best practices, including Schoolwide Style Guide
Our office manages areas of graduate admissions to ensure consistent brand management, user experience, and administrative ease. We work closely with each graduate program and UConn's The Graduate School.
- CRM administration
- Online application administration
- Email communication plans
- Admission and recruitment policies
- Admission event registration
Our office works with publications and media placement companies to pursue media campaigns as it supports the School's major initiatives. Media campaigns may include placement on and creative for radio, print, billboards, digital advertisements, social advertisements, and other related areas.
Some projects have a lot of moving parts, encompassing multiple areas of activity. These may include major campaigns or event promotions. When it makes sense, as a central department for communications, our office takes on management of these projects.
- Website administration, including but not limited to development sites, navigation, web forms, users, policies, child theme
- Managing web content managers
- Initial support in creating development sites and launching production sites for faculty websites and student organizations
- Web Analytics