The School's Office of Communications:
- oversees the School's branding and the user experience on the web
- serves as a resource to empower the departments, programs and centers to take ownership of their web presence
- manages general pages that fall outside of departments, programs and centers
- offers guides, training, tools and access for users maintaining their sites
- manages higher initiative projects, including but not limited to:
- manages the creation and maintenance of items that affect user experience, including:
- navigation bars
- news posts
- web forms
- user administration
- usage issues
Types of sites
To ensure consistent and accurate content is presented in a timely manner, departments, programs, centers, faculty members and student organizations are responsible for maintaining the content of their webpages; this includes text changes and document downloads.
To this end, each School of Business website has designated web content managers with the access and responsibility of managing that site's content. The departments, programs, centers and clubs have the best knowledge as to what content should be included on their site for their audience, when it needs to be updated, what content is outdated and what changes need to be made.
Tools and Training
The Aurora content management system is maintained by the UITS Web Dev team. This team routinely offers training on how to use Aurora. Web content managers are strongly encouraged to attend Aurora Basics training. Also, the Web Dev team occasionally offers Aurora Open Labs, where you can work on your webpages while a team member is available to answer questions.
The School's Office of Communications offers additional support for web maintenance. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.